Breck Johnston M.A., MFTC
Breck Johnston believes in whole health: mind, body, spirit, and relationships. The optimal life is possible only when all aspects of life are unified and functioning at top performance. Breck knows the complications of families, relationships, and parenting, and how they impact one’s well-being. Becoming a parent is life changing and comes with new joys and challenges; it is no small wonder that these challenges bring stress to families and relationships. As a couples counselor and family therapist, Breck has a passion for working with families to encourage and enhance healthy relationships.
At Foundations Counseling, Breck Johnston offers a compassionate and engaging approach, enabling her to work with a variety of clients who seek services, including:
- Family Relationships – adoptive and foster parenting, addictions and codependency, blended families, child and adolescent issues, couples and marital counseling, divorce recovery, divorce and custody transition in families step family/blended families, second marriages
- Parenting Issues – setting and holding boundaries, family systems issues, authoritative parenting, co-parenting
- Children, Adolescents, and Teens – self-esteem and self-worth issues, suicidal ideation, anxiety, depression, substance use, school and family issues, parenting challenges, developmental disabilities, trauma, anger and defiance, communication issues
- Relationship and Couples Counseling – couples counseling, communication, affair recovery, codependency, sexuality and intimacy issues, alternative relationships, abuse, attachment issues and disorders, boundaries, conflict resolution, divorce recovery
- Individual Counseling – anxiety, depression, anger management, divorce recovery, abuse, addiction, life coaching, self-esteem and self-worth issues, codependency, trauma, catastrophic thinking
Breck Johnston has a Master of Arts Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Regis University and a Bachelor of Science in Applied Psychology from Regis University as well. She has completed a Post-Graduate Certificate in Counseling Children and Adolescents from Regis University.
Breck Johnston has 8 years of experience working with children and families in community nonprofit organizations. She has a passion and love of families of children with special needs and families of diverse populations.
Breck Johnston’s Professional Affiliations:
· American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
· American Association of Sexuality Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
· American Counseling Association (ACA)
· American Mental Health Counseling Association (AMHCA)
· American Psychological Association (APA)
· Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development (AMCD)
· Association for Specialists in Group Work (ASGW)
· Colorado Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (CAMFT)
· International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors (IAMFC)