Carolyn Miller M.Ed., NCC
When life becomes difficult, we are not always fully equipped with all of the tools we need to help us survive and thrive during those challenging times. Carolyn Miller believes that through counseling, one can begin to develop and understand new approaches to help during hard times, while also learning to experience what it is like to be in a non-judgmental environment where one can feel welcome to be his or her authentic self. She brings full acceptance, warmth, and support throughout the therapeutic relationship by meeting her clients where they are in their journey. Carolyn provides a space for her clients to heal, change, and grow by ensuring an open and collaborative experience in counseling.
At Foundations Counseling, Carolyn Miller works with a wide variety of clients who may be seeking services that include:
- Mental Health and Wellness – depression, stress, obesity and weight loss, trauma and abuse recovery, self-esteem, gender identity, self-care, sexual identity, somatic/body image issues, spirituality, adjustment
- Relationship and Couples Counseling – communication, codependency, dating issues, parent-child interactions, attachment issues and disorders, boundaries, conflict resolution, dating and breakups, financial issues
- Growth-Oriented Counseling – career counseling, grief and loss, life coaching, workplace bullying and conflicts, burnout and lack of motivation, quarter-life crisis, relocation, empowerment, life transitions, individual development
- Individual Counseling – addictions, anxiety, depression, empowerment, self-esteem, stress, weight issues, issues of race and multiculturalism, catastrophic thinking, social anxiety, assertiveness, self-worth issues, codependency, sexual abuse, trauma
Carolyn Miller is a National Certified Counselor. She has a Master of Education Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Georgia Southern University, and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology from Georgia Southern University as well. Carolyn utilizes a collaborative array of techniques from Person–Centered Therapy, Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), Cognitive–Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT).
Carolyn Miller has worked in a variety of settings, including an inpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation facility, a college counseling center, and a local rape crisis center. Her experience includes working with a diverse range of adults as well as advocacy work with college students. Carolyn has extensive experience working with those who struggle with navigating relationships, boundaries, addiction, and communication.
When Carolyn is not working, you can find her camping, hiking, grabbing a cup of coffee, or hanging out with her two cats.
Carolyn Miller’s Professional Affiliations:
● American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
● American Association of Sexuality Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
● American Counseling Association (ACA)
● American Mental Health Counseling Association (AMHCA)
● American Psychological Association (APA)
● Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development (AMCD)
● Association for Specialists in Group Work (ASGW)
● Colorado Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (CAMFT)
● International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors (IAMFC)