“A failure is not a mistake; it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.” – BF Skinner
Cynthia Aragon believes in creating a safe, nurturing, and positive environment where individuals can share their struggles and journey through the process of change. She believes in creating a client-centered approach that is supported by connection and empowerment for all. She enjoys working with children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families to help them achieve the meaningful connection and healthy relationship they desire. Life can be unpredictable, with things quickly becoming overwhelming, giving the sense that we are on an intense emotional roller coaster. Cynthia offers a warm and non-judgmental space to help you and your loved one's process through all of life’s changes and challenges.
At Foundations Counseling, Cynthia Aragon works with a variety of clients who may be seeking services that include:
- Children, Adolescents, and Teens – anxiety, school and family issues, effects of divorce, ADD/ADHD, autism spectrum, body image, creative therapies including art movement and play therapy, life coaching, and goal setting, and family communication
- Relationship and Couples Counseling – couples counseling, communication, sexuality and intimacy issues, alternative relationships, parent-child interactions, pre-engagement, premarital, attachment issues, and boundaries
- Relationship Dynamics – adolescent development, attachment issues and disorders, conflict resolution, family relationships, parenting skills, and training, and premarital counseling
- Individual Counseling – anxiety, divorce recovery, empowerment, life coaching, self-esteem, social anxiety, panic attacks, self-worth issue, and abandonment issues
- Family Relationship – child and adolescent issues, couple and marital counseling, infertility concerns, general parenting, trust and understanding, and communication
Cynthia Aragon has a Master of Arts Degree from Northcentral University in Marriage and Family Therapy and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology from Liberty University. She utilizes a variety of techniques, including art therapy, child play therapy, Person-Centered Therapy, The Gottman Method, Emotional Focus Therapy (EFT) for individuals, couples, and families, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Strength Based Therapy, Experiential Therapy, and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
Cynthia enjoys working with children and families by creating a nurturing atmosphere to foster understanding and change. She has worked with and supported families with her hands-on role within the behavioral health team in the public school system. Cynthia also served as a Program Coordinator, working as an interdisciplinary team member with individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities.