Life can provide us with complex and sometimes overwhelming challenges that can arise when we least expect it. Overcoming and facing challenges and difficult times can often feel isolating and we can become disconnected from ourselves, and even those we love at times. It is during these times of vulnerability and change when we are most in need of someone who can listen and offer suggestions to assist with a clear and meaningful path toward reconnecting with ourselves and our loved ones in order to meet these challenges and be able to fully participate in the changes that we are constantly faced with.
Heidi Kalak believes that each one of us holds within us the full potential to meet life’s challenges from a place of strength and confidence, and she provides a safe, open, and understanding environment for that inner potential to be fully realized. Heidi has a passion for unlocking each individual’s ability to find the self determination to overcome life’s most challenging moments, and she strongly believes that counseling can be a powerful and empowering tool for people to realize their full potential and become successful when things can seem the most confusing and discouraging. Whether you are struggling with a personal relationship, grieving a loss, or have a deep yearning to be heard, Heidi would be happy to assist you in the process.
At Foundations Counseling, Heidi Kalak works with a wide variety of clients who may be seeking services that include:
- Children, Adolescents, and Teens – cutting/self-injury, suicidal ideation, self-esteem, anxiety, depression, drugs and alcohol, school and family issues, abuse, eating disorders, body image, goal setting, PTSD, family communication, trauma
- Relationship and Couples Counseling – couples counseling, communication, affair recovery, codependency, parent-child interactions, conflict resolution, anger management, blending families, divorce and divorce recovery
- Mental Health and Wellness – severe anxiety, depression, sexual and gender identity issues, trauma and abuse recovery, self-care, art therapy, assertiveness training, holistic health, nature based therapies
- Individual Counseling – abuse, addictions, social anxiety, abandonment issues, sexual abuse, PTSD, empowerment depression
- Parenting Issues – setting and holding boundaries, family systems issues, co-parenting
Heidi Kalak is a registered psychotherapist in the state of Colorado. She has a Master of Social Work from Walden University, and a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science from The Evergreen State College. Heidi utilizes techniques from cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), trauma informed cognitive behavioral therapy, narrative therapy, and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
Heidi Kalak has been involved in helping and supporting others over the course of the last 15 years, when she began assisting at-risk youth in a gardening program that served as a diversion to incarnation and path out of addiction. That experience, along with a gift for listening and assisting others, led her to seek an advanced degree in social work. Heidi has significant experience with adolescents and families working to overcome complex trauma and addictions as well as difficult family dynamics. She has provided art therapy for teens in a variety of circumstances, provided psychoeducation to individuals and families, as well as facilitated numerous psychotherapy groups for adolescents in residential, intensive outpatient, acute treatment, and day treatment settings. Heidi also has experience with providing trauma education and trauma treatment for families and children of all ages.