“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.” – Henry Ford
Lizbeth Gonzalez believes that there is nothing that cannot be changed by a person if they commit themselves to change. Anything that people are not enjoying or liking about their lives, or what they are going through with family members, is changeable and can ultimately become a permanent, positive change in their life.
Lizbeth enjoys working with children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families, and is determined to help people regain hope in any kind of situation that may be present in their lives. She does this by listening and providing a safe space for each person to be able to overcome any mental, emotional, behavioral, or situational problem. She helps her clients defeat anxiety, depression, or substance abuse issues they may be experiencing, and that interfere with their ability to have an enjoyable, hopeful, and fulfilling life.
At Foundations Counseling, Lizbeth Gonzalez works with a variety of clients who may be seeing services that include:
- Children, Adolescents, and Teens – self- esteem and self- worth issues, suicidal ideation, anxiety, depression, drugs and alcohol, family issues, parenting challenges, trauma, anger, family communication, therapies that involve play therapy and art, behavior issues, social and relationship problems, school issues
- Mental Health and Wellness – setting boundaries, trauma and abuse recovery, severe anxiety, depression, stress, addictions, drug and alcohol abuse and addiction recovery, weight loss, self-care
- Relationship and Couples Counseling – couples counseling, communication, affair recovery, intimacy issues, parent-child interactions, boundaries, conflict resolution, financial issues, men's issues
- Individual Counseling – panic attacks, self-esteem, stress, anxiety, depression, fears and phobias, abandonment issues, codependency, trauma
- Family Relationships – parenting challenges, communication, trust and understanding, decision- making for aging parents, men’s issues
Lizbeth has extensive experience working with individuals of all ages, including children as young as 5 years old. She has worked with couples, adolescents, teenagers, and families throughout Colorado. Lizbeth has been very active and involved with medical providers, previously working as a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA). She has assisted a variety of individuals who were at high-risk develop the necessary skill sets and coping methods to turn their lives around. Lizbeth worked at Grand Family Coalition, serving different age populations, helping them maintain relationships with people outside or inside their homes, while helping them improve their patience and increase their self-esteem.
Lizbeth earned both a Master of Social Work Degree and a Bachelor of Social Work Degree from Colorado State University. She has been married to her husband for over a dozen years and has three incredible and unique children.