Melissa believes that life can be high paced, high stress, demand a great deal, and, at times, it can dim the spark that we each possess. She provides a safe, empathic space that allows time to slow down and gives her clients the opportunity to focus on the challenges that are unique to each of their situations. Melissa has a passion to help individuals and couples through life’s challenges and rediscover the spark to reach their potential for a healthy and satisfying life.
At Foundations Counseling, Melissa Blatnik works with a wide variety of clients who may be seeking services that include:
- Adolescents and Teens – cutting/self-injury, suicidal ideation, anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol use, trauma, social and relationship issues, loss of a parent or a loved one
- Mental Health and Wellness – addictions, boundaries, life transitions, bipolar disorder, grief and loss, self-care, body image issues, life coaching, adjustment, assertiveness training, anxiety, depression
- Relationship and Couples Counseling – couples counseling, communication, affair recovery, codependency, sexuality and intimacy issues, abuse, dating issues, emotional affairs, infidelity, blended families, second marriages, conflict resolution
- Individual Counseling – abuse, addictions, anger management, empowerment, life coaching, self-esteem, stress, catastrophic thinking, social anxiety, assertiveness, panic attacks, self-worth issues, sexual abuse, trauma
- Growth-Orientated Counseling – career counseling, grief and loss, life coaching, workplace bullying and conflicts, burnout and lack of motivation, relocation, empowerment, life transitions, individual development
Melissa Blatnik holds a Master of Arts Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology from the University of Northern Colorado. She is a Licensed Addictions Counselor (LAC). Melissa uses techniques from cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), motivational interviewing, narrative therapy, person-centered therapy, as well as existential psychology, gestalt therapy, and mindfulness therapy.
Melissa has been helping individuals struggling with addiction issues and crisis situations for more than 12 years. She has helped people through their darkest times and is passionate about helping others find their journey to a new beginning as well as providing hope when they are feeling hopeless.
Melissa Blatnik’s Professional Affiliations:
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA)
- Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development (AMCD)
- Association for Specialists in Group Work (ASGW)
- International Association of Marriage and Family Association (IAMFC)
- The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH)