When human beings experience trauma or severe life stressors, it is not uncommon for their lives to unravel. Monique’s great passion is bringing healing to people who have been through a traumatic / stressful experience. Monique Hopkins helps clients, including couples, adults, elders, adolescents, and families, to develop healthy self-perceptions and strengthen their relationships so they can know themselves as peaceful, complete, whole, and safe.
Monique aims to help clients tell their stories, heal through connection, and find the best version of themselves. She believes challenges are inevitable, but defeat is optional, and persevering through those challenges requires an authentic, collaborative, and non-judgmental relationship. Monique will help you achieve your goals through a newfound strength and resilience.
Monique believes all individuals have the innate creative power to construct and choose their destiny based on one’s uniqueness and desired goals. Her objective is to provide a safe, confidential space where clients can explore, process, and redefine their experiences, implement adaptive practices to overcome present and future difficulties, and cultivate self-worth grounded in empathy and courage.
At Foundations Counseling, Monique Hopkins works with a wide variety of clients who may be seeking services that include:
- Adolescents and Teens – cutting/self-injury, self-esteem and self-worth issues, suicidal ideation, anxiety, depression, drugs and alcohol, loss of a parent of loved one, trauma, developmental disabilities, goal setting, PTSD, assertiveness training, family communication
- Mental Health and Wellness – severe anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, depression, stress, sexual and gender identity issues, grief and loss, addictions, drug and alcohol abuse, sleep disorders, trauma and abuse recovery, PTSD, self-care, personality disorders, spirituality, anger management, adjustment, assertiveness training, boundaries, life transitions, holistic health
- Relationship and Couples Counseling – couples counseling, communication, affair recovery, codependency, sexuality and intimacy issue, abuse, dating issues, pre-engagement, pre-marital, boundaries, conflict resolution, divorce, emotional affairs
- Life Transitions – life coaching, life stages, spirituality, end-of-life and grief issues, disability issues, terminal illness, natural and/or sudden death of a spouse, pet, or loved one, establishing self, disability, restoring meaning of life
- Growth-Oriented Counseling – workplace bullying and conflicts, burnout and lack of motivation, empowerment, individual development
- Individual Counseling – abuse, addictions, anxiety, depression, divorce recovery, empowerment, personality disorder, self-esteem, PTSD, stress, worrying, catastrophic thinking, social anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic attacks, fears and phobias, self-worth issues, abandonment issues, codependency, sexual abuse, trauma
Monique Hopkins graduated in 2008 from the University of Nebraska at Kearney with a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice and a minor in Psychology. She worked as a Probation Officer for five years when she started her Master’s Program in Community Counseling at Regis University in Denver/Broomfield, Colorado. Monique earned her Masters of Arts Degree and a National Certified Counselor (NCC) designation in 2015. In 2017, she obtained her Licensed Professional Counselor status.
Monique’s therapeutic approach incorporates several major theories of counseling including Solution-Focused, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Gestalt, Existential, and Person-Centered. Her focus is mostly a Humanistic approach. Monique will tailor her particular focus to the needs of each client. She seeks to help clients to discover their potential and learn skills and strategies that will help them achieve their goals through empowering clients in using their autonomy while providing them with the conditions for personal growth. She also believes in the power of the human spirit and thinking outside the box for what will work best for each client and their needs.
Monique has extensive education, training, and experience in the areas of addictions, domestic violence, and sexual assault and has worked with several organizations in these areas throughout the years. She has been serving in different capacities throughout Larimer County on multiple levels since 1992 and loves her community. Monique has three children in different stages of life and understands the challenges that parents experience. In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, curling up watching a movie with her four fur babies, riding motorcycles, and playing billiards.