At Foundations Counseling in Fort Collins, Loveland, and Windsor, we offer parent counseling services that will give you real answers to real problems. Parenting is one of the most crucial responsibilities a human being can have. It brings great joy – and sometimes, great pain. Our parent counseling provides understanding, compassion, support, structure, and accountability.
As parents, we all have strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately, many people equate going to therapy with blaming mom or dad. In reality, parent counseling is about understanding a more accurate picture of who we are. What are our strengths, weaknesses, and missing parts?
Parent counseling is for parents of children from newborn through the teen years. You can benefit from parent counseling if you:
- Have a child with a challenging temperament
- Feel that you need help disciplining your children
- Sometimes feel out of control or unsure of healthy ways to respond Want to better understand your child’s behavior
- Want to learn about setting reasonable expectations and effective limits
- Want to increase your confidence and improve your parenting skills
What You Can Expect with Parent Counseling
At Foundations Counseling in Fort Collins, Loveland, and Windsor, we respond to each family’s unique needs with custom-designed parenting education. We will provide you with the information, skills, and principles of emotionally healthy parenting. Parent counseling will support and guide you as you learn about ways to parent and to communicate more effectively with your children.
With parent counseling, we will help you clarify your deepest values and purpose, assess your home life and relationships, plan desired changes, and take action to achieve your goals – all with the support of a seasoned parent counselor. By learning how to organize your time and create balance at work and home, you will also gain tremendous satisfaction as a parent.
Parent counseling will show you how to grab ahold of your parenting powers and…
- Get respect from your child immediately and end negative behaviors for good
- Stop nagging and get your child to listen and follow through with chores and homework
- Stop sibling rivalry and fighting and create loving and caring relationships that last
- Rid your home of tension and hostility and gain sanity, peace, and harmony
- Find and reconnect with that great and loving child who seems to have been lost or stolen from you
If you would like to learn more about the different parenting styles, read this article on Authoritative Parenting and decide if parent counseling is right for you and your family.
Set up a Free Consultation
If you or someone you know would benefit from parent counseling, please contact Foundations Counseling in Fort Collins, Loveland, and Windsor and fill out an Initial Consultation Form to arrange a free consultation.