It takes a lot of courage to ask for help. Sometimes, regardless of family, friends, or other relationships, you just need to talk to someone outside of your circle. Sofie Brodsky has a reverence for the bravery it takes to step into therapy. Clients find that she is equal parts genuine, accepting, and understanding. Sofie truly believes that it is an honor to help people when they are in their darkest place, and walk alongside them through that darkness into the light.
At Foundations Counseling, Sofie Brodsky works with a variety of clients who seek services including:
- Mental Health and Wellness Counseling – depression, anxiety, holistic health, self-esteem, spirituality, boundaries, art therapy, self-care, body image issues, grief and loss
- Children, Adolescents, and Teen Counseling – depression, anxiety, suicidal-ideation, self-harm, empowerment, body image issues, self-esteem, school and family issues, creative therapies including art, movement, and play therapy, social and relationship problems, grief and loss
- Marriage and Family Counseling – couples counseling, parenting, family therapy, pre-marital/marital counseling, adoption, communication, conflict resolution
- Life Transitions – life stages, spirituality, end-of-life and grief issues, geographical transition, new parents, career counseling, restoring meaning to life
- Growth Oriented Counseling – burnout and lack of motivation, individual development, goal setting
Sofie Brodsky has a Master of Arts Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Colorado State University, and has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Biology from the University of California, Santa Cruz. She utilizes techniques from Person–Centered Therapy, Adlerian Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Sofie has worked with multiple community organizations including Summit Stone Health Partners and the SNAPP for Girls empowerment non-profit.