In addition to in-person counseling sessions in Fort Collins, Loveland, and Windsor, Foundations Counseling also offers online therapy for individuals, couples and families of all ages.
No one should feel they have to face mental health struggles alone, and online therapy makes it easy to connect with a therapist from wherever you feel most comfortable.
What is Online Therapy and Counseling?
Online therapy makes it easy for people to connect with a caring therapist from the comfort of their own home.
Sometimes called teletherapy, this type of counseling can be conducted over the phone or using video conferencing services. It’s a wonderful tool that allows clients to connect with their counselor no matter where they are.
Understanding the Benefits of Online Therapy
While we recommend clients meet with their therapist in-person when possible, there are many benefits to online therapy and counseling that are worth considering, like scheduling flexibility and overall convenience.
Some additional benefits of virtual therapy include:
- Time saved commuting to and from appointments.
- Privacy, which can be particularly reassuring for anyone who fears running into someone they know in the therapist’s office.
- Increased comfort, because you can meet with your therapist from your couch, kitchen table or anywhere else you feel most at ease.
- For anyone who is hesitant about going to therapy, a phone or video session can make taking the leap into counseling much less intimidating.
- Teletherapy also allows you to continue working with your therapist when you’re sick or feeling under the weather.
Should I Try Online Therapy?
People decide to seek help from a supportive mental health professional for a variety of reasons. Like any other type of therapy, choosing to try therapy online is an incredibly personal decision.
Whether you choose to meet with your therapist in one of our offices in Fort Collins, Loveland and Windsor, or decide that online therapy is for you, you’ll be working with a qualified professional who will walk alongside you in order to hear, understand and then help.
Whether we meet in person, on the phone or through a screen, our goal is to help clients set goals, make changes and grow. Our therapists rely on proven techniques to help clients overcome struggles in all areas of their lives, including:
- Anger Management
- Grief and Loss
- Career Counseling
- Life Coaching
- Marriage and Couples Counseling
- Child and Teen Counseling
- Addictions / Substance Abuse (general, alcohol, drugs, alcohol & drugs, etc.)
- Pornography Addiction
- Communication (Couples Communication)
No matter what specific mental health issue you are struggling with, online therapy will teach you concrete ways to help yourself cope with your emotions so that you can live your happiest, most fulfilled life.
Set up a Free Consultation
If you or someone you know would benefit from online counseling and therapy, please contact Foundations Counseling in Fort Collins, Loveland, and Windsor to arrange a free consultation.