We are all journeying through the greatest adventure: life. While this journey can take us along beautiful winding paths to amazing treetops with astounding views, it can also take us through some valleys and places that can be challenging and hard to navigate. During these difficult times it is important to have support and a helping hand along the way. In other words, it’s beneficial to have an ally that can walk beside us on this leg of our journey.
Keli Focht believes that everyone has what they need to be successful, happy, and fulfilled individuals. It’s just a matter of uncovering the potential. While we all go through painful times in life, these times don’t have to take over, define us, and limit us in what we can do. Rather, we can work toward growth, while becoming stronger, more resilient individuals.
“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. Please remember that your difficulties do not define you. They simply strengthen your ability to overcome.”
– Maya Angelou
At Foundations Counseling, Keli Focht works with a wide variety of clients who may be seeking services that include:
- Mental Health and Wellness – severe anxiety, depression, stress, addictions, drug and alcohol abuse and addiction recovery, trauma and abuse recovery, self-esteem, self-care, art therapy, life coaching, spirituality, assertiveness training, boundaries, life transitions, holistic health, nature based therapies
- Relationship and Couples Counseling – couples counseling, communication, affair recovery, codependency, abuse, dating issues, parent-child interactions, pre-engagement, pre-marital, attachment issues and disorders, conflict resolution, dating and breakups, divorce and divorce recovery, emotional affairs, infidelity, parenting, problems with in-laws, infertility
- Growth-Oriented Counseling – life coaching, workplace bullying and conflicts, burnout and lack of motivation, empowerment, individual development
- Individual Counseling – abuse, anxiety, depression, divorce recovery, empowerment, life coaching, self-esteem, stress, issues of race and multiculturalism, worrying, catastrophic thinking, social anxiety, assertiveness, panic attacks, self-worth issues, drug and alcohol abuse and addictions recovery, abandonment issues, codependency, trauma, infertility
- Parenting Issues – setting and holding boundaries, family systems issues, authoritative parenting, co-parenting
Keli holds a Master of Social Work Degree in Indigenous Trauma and Resiliency from the University of Toronto where she graduated with High Distinction. She also earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Sociology from Oklahoma State University. She is a member of the Chi Delta – Phi Alpha Honor Society. Keli is a Certified Addiction Specialist (CAC II) through the state of Colorado, is a Certified Trauma Informed Practitioner, and is also certified in Mental Health First Aid. Keli utilizes holistic approaches as well as techniques from narrative therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and person-centered therapy.
Keli has extensive experience working with individuals, families, couples, and adolescents in various capacities. Her ability to tune in and connect with her clients comes from years of working in the field of mental health, as well as the juvenile justice, drug, and DUI court systems.
Keli enjoys spending time with her family, reading, participating in traditions and activities within her Native American culture, spending time in nature, and writing Indigenous children’s stories. It is Keli’s passion to work in this field, and she is honored and privileged to walk beside people on their journey toward enlightenment and healing.