We live in a complex, imperfect, and fast-paced world; it is no wonder that we are faced with hurdles that can, at times, feel insurmountable. Even the most well-prepared and successful person can find themselves wondering how things became so complicated, messy, or challenging, and feel at a loss when it comes to what to do to put the pieces back together. Hannah Dorsher believes that in times of great stress and hardship, people need someone that can deeply and non-judgmentally listen and assist them in gaining clarity in their situations in order to work towards healing. It is her mission to provide a warm, safe, trusting environment in which healing and growth can freely take place. By using compassion, well-established rapport, skillful use of therapeutic techniques, and, of course, humor, she will help you navigate your most arduous and emotional seasons of life. Hannah would be honored to help you learn new skills to cope with life’s curveballs and develop new ways of thinking and being in order to heal, move forward, live happily, and to achieve your dreams.
At Foundations Counseling, Hannah Dorsher works with a variety of clients who seek services, including:
- Mental Health and Wellness – anxiety, depression, stress, drug and alcohol abuse and addiction recovery, trauma and abuse recovery, self-esteem, spirituality, PTSD, adjustment issues, boundaries, chronic pain
- Relationship and Couples Counseling – communication, codependency, sexuality and intimacy, dating and break ups, pre-marital, attachment issues, conflict resolution, financial issues
- Life Transitions – career counseling, spirituality, geographical transition, job transition, establishing self, grief and loss, restoring meaning to life
- Individual Counseling – anxiety, depression, life coaching, personality disorders, PTSD, stress, drug and alcohol abuse and addiction recovery, codependency, trauma, chronic pain, suicidal ideation, spirituality
- Adolescents – self-esteem and self-worth, suicidal ideation, anxiety, depression, drugs and alcohol, school and family issues, life coaching and goal setting, communication issues, behavior issues, PTSD
Hannah Dorsher is a National Certified Counselor. Hannah is also a Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC1) and is working towards her Level 2 Addiction Counselor Certification. She earned a Master of Arts degree in Counseling from Colorado Christian University in Loveland, Colorado. Hannah also received a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado. Hannah utilizes techniques from existential psychology, cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, EMDR therapy, and person-centered therapy.
Hannah began working in the profession with adolescents at a residential treatment center for substance abuse and mood disorders. She now has over six years of experience in the field serving individuals, teens, and families with a wide range of problems including substance abuse, severe and persistent mental illness, personality disorders, suicidality/homicidality, chronic pain, and trauma.